CHV is taking efforts to safely allow limited in-clinic visits again! Please read our guidelines so that we can provide this service in a responsible manner and be considerate of the needs and safety of all our guests and team. Regardless of your personal feelings or preferences, we ask that the below guidelines be followed without exception and hope you understand that a cautious approach is prudent for the health and safety of all we come in contact with despite your personal level of risk. We do not entertain this as a political discussion in any way and as an organization that has no bearing on the decisions we make regarding our procedures. Please note that curbside services will continue to be available for any appointment as desired!
Types of Visits that will be offered as In-Clinic
- New Client or New Patient First Visit
- Sick Visit
- Annual Exam
- Surgical Discharge (Only when room is available – Drop off remains at Curbside)
- Emergency (Only if room is available and after patient admittance first, in order to speed care)
Types of Visits that will remain Curbside Only
- Rx / Food / Retail Pickup
- Mani/Pedi Tech Appointment
- Anal Glands Tech Appointment
- Vaccinations / Heartworm Test and Treatment / Blood Draw Only Tech Appointment
- Any person with Fever or Symptoms (Delay visit if possible or have friend bring)
- Any person or pet with COVID positive test or who has been in contact with a person with COVID within the past 14 days (Delay visit if possible or have friend bring)
- Any person awaiting results of a recent COVID test (Delay visit until a negative result has been given or have a friend bring)
Guidelines for In-Clinic Visits
- No more than 2 family members may accompany a pet inside
- Please plan to arrive as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible. We are not likely to be able to have you enter the building early.
- Please call upon arrival and wait for a CHV teammate to escort you inside.
- Foot traffic is one-way, you will enter at the front of the building, accessed by the ramp along the street-side of the building and exit at the rear of the building into the parking lot.
- Masks, covering both nose and mouth are required for the entirety of the visit. No exceptions. If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, your appointment will need to be at curbside.
- Please be prepared to have your temperature taken and hand sanitizer given upon entry. Clients with temps over 100.3°F per CDC guidelines will need to become curbside visits or be re-scheduled. Our team will be be temperature checked daily in the same manner.
- You will be taken to a private room, we ask that you remain in the tape-marked section of the room during your visit.
- The visit and full checkout will be completed in the room.
- Our staff will wash or sanitize their hands regularly and upon entry to your room. You can also expect them to adhere to our mask policy at all times. Additional sanitization of the exam rooms will occur between each visit.
We are excited to be able to offer in-clinic visits again and understand that it is important to many of our clients that they be as involved as possible during their pet’s visit to the vet. We established our clinic specifically with the goal of transparency in our care and curbside only service can be detrimental to that goal. Opening back up to in-clinic visits is important to our vision, but please know that your safety and comfort are still our top priority. Our new guidelines are in place to ensure that is the case for each one of our clients and we kindly ask each person be respectful to the guidelines without exception.
All our best,
Dr. Christa & Brent Kahuda