Dr. Christa Kahuda – Owner / Medical Director
Lots of kids grow up wanting to be a vet. Dr. Kahuda wasn’t one of them! It wasn’t that she didn’t love animals, she just never really thought about it as a career. So she went to college, became a math major and only later realized it wasn’t the career path for her. However, she learned she had a passion for problem solving, teaching…and animals. Put that together and naturally you get “Veterinarian”!Continue Reading
- What she loves about veterinary medicine: “The animals – and their people! I love getting to know owners and teaching them ways to keep their pets healthy. Many people don’t realize that I have two clients – the pet… and its owner.”
- When not at the clinic you’ll find her: “Playing at the beach!”
- Best things about working and living in Charleston: “The outdoors – even when at work you can pop outside for a break and enjoy the fabulous weather, scenery, and history. It grounds you.”
- What makes CHV different: “We are constantly seeking alternatives to make the experience better – so that a visit to the veterinarian isn’t a dreaded event!”
- Something she’s learned about practicing medicine: “The owner knows the pet better than blood work, radiographs, and sometimes even a physical exam. My goal is to listen to and to never negate the gut instinct of a pet owner.”
Brent Kahuda – Owner / Practice Manager
Back when Brent and Dr. Kahuda were newlyweds living outside of Blacksburg, VA, he had a lot of time to consider his own career while she was studying 20 hours a day/7 days a week. It was then that the dream of practice ownership took hold for him with the vision of combining his business management degree along with his wife’s veterinary career.Continue Reading
Dr. Beth Coco – Associate Veterinarian
Dr. Coco joined Charleston Harbor Veterinarians in January of 2021. She and Dr. Kahuda were in the same graduating class at Virginia Tech in 2008 and now have the opportunity to collaborate at CHV. Dr. Coco can remember always wanting to be a veterinarian. She was thrilled when she found out that she loved science as much as she did animals, and she could make this dream come true. After attending College of Charleston,Continue Reading
- What she loves about veterinary medicine: “Forming relationships with pets and their owners is definitely one of my favorite things about veterinary medicine. I also love that every day is different, and there is always something to learn.”
- When not at the clinic you find her: “Spending time outdoors, with family and friends and reading.”
- Best thing about living and working in Charleston: “I love being near the water and you can always find something to do in Charleston.”
- What makes CHV different: “The team really focuses on making the visit low stress for the pets, while they receive excellent medical care that is tailored to that particular patient.”
- Something she’s learned about practicing medicine: “Education and communication are so important to help guide owners to the decisions or treatment that is right for them and their pet.”
Dr. April McCaskill – Veterinarian
Dr. McCaskill joined Charleston Harbor Veterinarians in September 2019 and has previously worked extensively throughout the Charleston area. We are thrilled to have Dr. McCaskill at CHV full time as she brings a wealth of experience, loyal and loving clients that have worked with her for years and excellent skills as a veterinary surgeon. She received her doctorate of veterinary medicine from the University of Georgia.Continue Reading
Dr. Caroline Randinelli – Associate Veterinarian
Dr. Randinelli joined us full-time at CHV in June of 2023. She’s a wonderful addition to our team and we are proud to have her with us and helping to take care of all the amazing patients and clients we have! Dr. Randinelli is adept both in the exam room and in surgery and brings a consistent level of medical acumen and exceptional client and patient care you’ve come to expect from our team of doctors.
Here’s a bit more about her:
- Hometown- Charleston, SC and lucky enough to be raised by the beach on IOP
- Education- Clemson University 2008-2011, University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine 2012-2016
- Hobbies- Running, cooking, trying new restaurants, and starting to dip her toe in cycling
- Professional Interests- Dentistry, Oncology
- From Dr. Randinelli: “I feel pet health is a collaboration between the owner and the veterinarian. Together we discuss the options and generate solutions to make sure your pet is receiving the best care, and that the owner feels confident and educated.”
Tara M. – Veterinary Technician
Tara is from all over! She grew up on the west coast, but moved to Maryland in high school. In 2016 she graduated from Coastal Carolina University with a B.S. in Marine Science. After doing 4 month internships at Mote Marine Lab’s Sea Turtle Hospital and the Zoo Hospital of the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, she decided the veterinary field was for her! She’s enrolled in Veterinary Technology School to become a licensed veterinary technician and also volunteers at the South Carolina Aquarium here in town. She has been at CHV since 2017!
Erin M. – Licensed Veterinary Technician
Erin joined our team in the midst of the Covid shut downs in April 2020. She was a vital part helping us stay open as an essential business during that period and has been a great member of our team ever since. As a LVT she brings a wealth of skill and experience to our team. She is often tasked with overseeing our surgical patients who are under anesthesia to help ensure a smooth procedure and recovery. Like many of our teammates, she has a full house of pets and has rescued and cared for many cats over the years.
Heather W. – Veterinary Technician
Heather joined CHV in September of 2020. She helps keep the clinic moving by overseeing our pharmaceutical and medical supply inventory while also providing phenomenal customer service and patient care as a veterinary nurse. Heather is a graduate of North Carolina State University. Go Wolfpack! Her pack at home includes Palmer and Lacy who often serves as a defacto clinic dog with the amount of time she gets to hang out here!
Logan W. – Veterinary Technician
Logan moved to Charleston and found a home at CHV in June of 2021. She brings energy and a great attitude each day. When she walks into your exam room for an appointment you know you’ll be in good hands. When she’s not caring for your pets, she has FizzGig, Ludo and the newest addition, Dinky of her own.
Sara R. – Veterinary Technician
Sara began her career at CHV as an assistant in August of 2021 and quickly proved to be a trustworthy and reliable teammate. As she advanced her skills and knowledge it became clear that she would be a fabulous veterinary nurse and she has proven that right ever since. At home, she has a rainbow of Labrador retrievers. Buddy the yellow, River the black and Marsh the chocolate
Jida G. – Licensed Veterinary Technician
Jida brought a wealth of experience and knowledge to the CHV team starting in November 2022! She has a background in critical care, ER and oncology with over 7 years of experience and received her LVT certification from Trident Technical College here locally. She rescued a super cool cat named Gutz not long ago. When she’s not here at CHV doing just about anything we need and being a great teammate, she loves to read and you might see her around town skateboarding.
Mariah P. – Client Service Representative
Mariah moved Charleston from Northern California to be closer to family! She was a manager at Starbucks while working part time at an emergency vet clinic. She always thought she would open her own coffee shop until realizing she loved being in Vet Med. She brings a lot of customer service experience to the team and positive energy! She has a cat named Miley Mae and a new German Shepherd named Sonoma after her hometown in California! Mariah joined CHV in December of 2022.
Rachel L. – Veterinary Assistant
Rachel graduated from Winthrop University with a B.S. in Biology. Before working at CHV part-time, she worked as a Neuroscience Research Specialist where she worked with rats and mice! While caring for the laboratory animals, she realized she loves working with animals & decided to change her career path. She is very excited to learn more about veterinary medicine! Rachel has a brindle chihuahua named Django.
Savannah W. – Veterinary Technician
Savannah began working with us one day a week back in February 2023 and we were so fortunate to have her join our team full-time in June 2023! She has previously worked with our amazing mobile board certified radiologist consultant Dr. Simone and she has done a fabulous job learning all things general practice since joining CHV.
Delaney K. – Veterinary Technician
Delaney moved to Charleston in November 2023, joining CHV at the same time. We are so happy to have her on our team.